Sunday, June 15, 2014

Layout Share | Sugar & Spice


That was the question I posed on social media today? Keep reading to find out the answer. 



Today I'm sharing this layout that highlights patterned paper.

Marion's 6x6 paper pads are so adorable. I love the smaller patterns, the quality, and the size. So easy to store and they were perfect for this layout. 



The smaller size patterns were great for layering together on this layout. I was laying in bed when I got a burst of inspiration: quilted background. Well just my luck my $5 thrifted sewing machine went caput.(It may be totally fixable but I have no idea. The thread is getting wrapped around the bobbin...leave me a comment below for suggestions on how to fix this).




I digress. After my sewing machine catastrophe I decided to keep with the basic quilted background but I had to alter the finishes. 


All in all there are 12 different Marion Smith Designs patterned papers on this layout. I love the contrast between the older photo with the lovely patterns. Looking at it now I think I could have added a few more papers to this. 

As the saying goes, "Less is more!" 

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Fahers Day. 

Angee

5 comments:

  1. I love the whole thing, it's so nice to be that amount of goodies and papers working together to make a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout.., I am totally crushing on the rose print!

    ReplyDelete