Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A layout by Nadia using Nirvana!

Hi everyone!

It's Nadia here with you today sharing a layout I created with the Nirvana collection. 



I must admit it has been a while since I created on kraft paper and the reason I decided to pull one out and base my layout on this time was the brown and black and neutral colours of the Nirvana collection. 

I started by applying Liquitex Super Heavy Gesso directly to the background with an old credit card.


 I then used a Crafters Workshop Balzer Designs Tiny Circles stencils, and Golden Fluid Acrylic in Teal to add some bright contrasting colour. I then sprayed some Dylusions Ink Spray in Calypso Teal for an added colour contrast. 

Next, I removed my stencil and turned it over and rubbed the excess sprays and gesso on my page for a messy look. 

Once all that was dry, I added some of my favourite rub ons, from Tim Holtz in random areas and it was finally time to use my FAVOURITE cut outs from the  "Documented" and "Typograph" paper from the Nirvana collection .



These are the 2 papers I used ..





Materials List
Paper: Marion Smith Designs Nirvana Collection
Ink Spray: Dylusions Calypso Teal
Paint: Golden Fluid Acrylic in Teal 
Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop Balzer Designs Tiny Circles
Rub Ons: Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs - Words


Thank you so much for having a look today. 

Don't forget to subscribe!!

For more of my work please see my blog HERE


Bye for now :) 

1 comment: